Wednesday, January 6, 2021

Working while Sleeping

 This music is supposed to wake me up. The coffee is supposed to wake me up, Why, then, am I not waking up?

Maybe I should type this half-asleep. I can actually type half-asleep, at least for a couple sentences before I wake up and check it. But I can't transition to the next idea without being awake.

Wouldn't being able to type while asleep be a good thing? Think about how much work you can get done while asleep! All the times you said "I could do this in my sleep"? What if you could?

Think about being able to type out your dreams while still having them? Ok, maybe writing on a pad with a pen, as I don't generally sit up while dreaming. I'd love to capture my dreams, though, so maybe sitting up while sleeping would be worth it. A sleep chair and a computer desk? 

Maybe this wouldn't be a good idea. If employers found out you could work in your sleep, they would assume you could answer emails in your sleep, and then you'd never get any rest. I'm salaried, so my 55-hour week could eventually expand to a 140-hour work week. I don't like that idea.

I think I've convinced myself that being productive while asleep isn't such a good idea. That's fine -- the coffee is finally taking effect.



No comments:

Post a Comment

I believe that everyone here comes with good intent. If you come to spoil my assumptions by verbal abuse, excessive profanity, spam or other abuses I had not considered, I reserve the right to delete your notes or delete your participation. I am the arbiter of what violates good intent.