Saturday, January 23, 2021

I found my muse!

I'm looking for a muse.

I'm thinking of "muse" in the more abstract sense, because real-life muses seem to take too much energy. 

I need to feel inspired, which is something that's hard to find when more or less filling in the areas between plot, which is what I'm doing with Gaia's Hands. I don't feel the sense of flow that I do when writing a novel. I'm not getting the sense of delight over my characters or scenes. 

I'm frustrated. I may actually go through an old manuscript I haven't developed much and edit the holy hell out of it, except it needs to be turned into a romance itself. (It's actually well on its way.) The name of it is Reclaiming the Balance, and the male protagonist is non-binary in the most literal way. I haven't touched that again because it makes me uneasy, and I have to search my soul and question myself. 

Ahh... I've had half a cup of coffee and I'm suddenly feeling inspired to write. For the moment. Maybe breakfast coffee is my muse!



No comments:

Post a Comment

I believe that everyone here comes with good intent. If you come to spoil my assumptions by verbal abuse, excessive profanity, spam or other abuses I had not considered, I reserve the right to delete your notes or delete your participation. I am the arbiter of what violates good intent.