Friday, January 8, 2021

Where I stand (not with Trump)

 In case there's any question of where I stand:

I want to see President Trump impeached for inciting sedition. 



It's too late for the 25th Amendment (relieving Trump of duties because he's unfit for duty) because that would just absolve him of what happened at the Capitol on Wednesday. He could claim insanity and avoid prosecution.

Trump needs to be prevented from trying for another term in 2024, which would happen if he were impeached and convicted. I'm not against Republicans per se. I'm against seditious Republicans, and that includes Cruz and Hawley.  There is a process for addressing grievances, and a Congressman (or even President) doesn't always get their way. You don't order a mob onto the Capital just because you don't get your way.

I'm not arguing anything novel, anything nobody else has thought about. I'm not that genius, I'm not a policymaker, I'm not a pundit. I'm an ordinary American scared of what I've seen. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I believe that everyone here comes with good intent. If you come to spoil my assumptions by verbal abuse, excessive profanity, spam or other abuses I had not considered, I reserve the right to delete your notes or delete your participation. I am the arbiter of what violates good intent.