Saturday, December 26, 2020

The First Day After Christmas

As much as I love Christmas, I'm glad it's over.  Jolly is a temporary feeling, for which we should be grateful.

It's nice to get back to the calm of a Saturday in normal time, past the frenzy, not absorbed with Christmas preparations. I'm playing Philip Glass instead of Christmas music, and today I may just tackle my work writing (or making a couple grading matrixes if I want to put off writing again.)

I'm feeling mellow and introspective. It could be the Philip Glass, or it could be the very good coffee (My husband's my roaster). Or it could be that it's finally time to relax before the new semester's taken hold. 

I want to mention, though, that I'm thankful for all my readers. I know some of you are bots, particularly the Russian entity that hit my blog 20 times without reading anything. I think most of you are real, although I don't know most of you. Thank you for reading. 

P.S.: The title of the post is from the song "The Twelve Days After Christmas, which is a fine palate cleanser for Christmas. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I believe that everyone here comes with good intent. If you come to spoil my assumptions by verbal abuse, excessive profanity, spam or other abuses I had not considered, I reserve the right to delete your notes or delete your participation. I am the arbiter of what violates good intent.