Sunday, December 13, 2020

My Temperament Today


 So I'm listening to Apple Music's Acoustic Christmas playlist and getting a bit weepy. I hope it's just the stress of the end of the semester getting to me. Or the allergy to benzoyl peroxide I'm still dealing with after 2 days. Or the frustration at trying to write and not quite getting my hooks into the main male character. Or the book itself. Or COVID.

I hear that writers are temperamental. I'm pretty temperamental at times, so I guess that's part of the job description. I try not to be temperamental, because I need to be nice to my husband, so usually I just announce how I'm feeling. Just like I did above.

Being honest about my feelings allows me to take them out and look at them and ask myself if the reasoning behind them (if there is reasoning) is true or a misgiving. And then, what can I do about it? Vent, write, distract myself, make something happen? 

Today is split between vegging/taking care of myself and doing something. Confronting my novel in pieces. Interrogating Josh again. Something.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I believe that everyone here comes with good intent. If you come to spoil my assumptions by verbal abuse, excessive profanity, spam or other abuses I had not considered, I reserve the right to delete your notes or delete your participation. I am the arbiter of what violates good intent.