Thursday, December 3, 2020

Another #PitMad and a New Way of Seeing

 Wish me luck -- I'm doing #PitMad today.

#PitMad is a Twitter competition where writers with unpublished novels try to attract the attention of agents with their pitches, or short blurbs about their novels. Agents will then ask for queries, or the typical packet that is sent to an agent (cover letter, bio, synopsis, first 20 or so pages). 

So #PitMad is going on right under your noses on Twitter and you won't know it unless you've discovered Writers' Twitter. (#writingcommunity, #writerscafe)

I haven't had much luck with #PitMad -- in other words not a single nibble from an agent. I still try because there's always serendipity. There's always the possibility of someone to see my pitch in a different way than they have before. There's always the possibility that my topics have come into vogue when I wasn't looking. There's always a possibility that I haven't seen yet.

I feel more comfortable with failure this time than I have other times. I know about the disarray that the traditional publishing industry currently suffers from, and I have given up on a Big 5 (oops, Big 4 with the latest merger) publisher in my life. I've self-published, which has stilled the clamorous yearning to be published.

I want to see what becomes of my work rather than search the earth for validation. It's a good feeling

No comments:

Post a Comment

I believe that everyone here comes with good intent. If you come to spoil my assumptions by verbal abuse, excessive profanity, spam or other abuses I had not considered, I reserve the right to delete your notes or delete your participation. I am the arbiter of what violates good intent.