Tuesday, December 29, 2020

Thank you for being part of my writing ritual


 It's inevitable -- after I write a blog post about losing my will to write, I have a productive day of writing. I should be ashamed of crying wolf all these times, but as I'm a writer, I'll take it. 

Writers often have their rituals -- some have to have a room where they write, some use a specific pen or typewriter. Some warm up before they write, some have to listen to specific music. 

Mine, apparently, is whining when I'm in a writing slump. And morning coffee, but I don't think that's a writing ritual as much as a general morning ritual. And writing my blog instead of starting straight into the novel or short story I'm writing. 

That means you, reader, are part of my writing ritual. When I feel hopeless about writing, I look at my total visitors for the day. I only have a consistent average of 25-30 visitors at a time, but that's more than I started with. You give me the belief that greater things (or at least a little bit better things) are possible for me. 

I know I whine sometimes, but it's because I'm scared I'm going to lose my writing. But I imagine you reading, and I feel better and the words come out. 

Thank you.


No comments:

Post a Comment

I believe that everyone here comes with good intent. If you come to spoil my assumptions by verbal abuse, excessive profanity, spam or other abuses I had not considered, I reserve the right to delete your notes or delete your participation. I am the arbiter of what violates good intent.