Wednesday, December 23, 2020

A Time for Nothing


 I'm done putting together my classes for Spring, which was my task for the winter break. Now what? My mind is all for relaxing and hiding from my work in progress, but I'll probably do something with that during break.

I feel like I could sleep forever. I just got up and I'm already wanting to go back to bed. I don't know if this is latent depression or I'm just so relieved to be done with the semester that I'm catching up on time without thinking. 

The semester must have been far worse than I'm registering. I tend to be stoic and plow through the semester with blinders on, not stopping to lament much (other than my lamenting about lack of writers' retreats in these pages). 

And now, because of COVID, I have no choice but to relax. No visit to my dad and sister, no going out shopping, maybe a stop at the Board Game Cafe if it's not crowded, but ... 

So I'm working on relaxing. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I believe that everyone here comes with good intent. If you come to spoil my assumptions by verbal abuse, excessive profanity, spam or other abuses I had not considered, I reserve the right to delete your notes or delete your participation. I am the arbiter of what violates good intent.