Monday, December 28, 2020

Losing my Will to Write

 I'm losing the will to get published.

It was my big goal for 2020, and I fulfilled it through self-publishing The Kringle Conspiracy. I got to do all the things I wanted to do with that publication -- a book launch party, signing books. I didn't sell many copies with royalties so far at $37, but it got the attention I thought it would get.


Now, I don't feel the need to get published, which was the factor driving me to write. I am sitting on several books in the fantasy genre, and I'm having a horribly hard time getting the attention of agents. 
One has been sitting at DAW for so long with no response that I think it has mummified.  I don't want to self-publish them because I don't know how to market them as they deserve. 

So right now there is no stretch goal. There is no goal at all for my writing, and this is hard to struggle against. If anyone has any ideas for how I can get my mojo back, please let me know. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I believe that everyone here comes with good intent. If you come to spoil my assumptions by verbal abuse, excessive profanity, spam or other abuses I had not considered, I reserve the right to delete your notes or delete your participation. I am the arbiter of what violates good intent.