Friday, September 6, 2019

Looking for the Good in Today

It turns out we had to put Snowy to sleep yesterday; she had had a stroke as suspected. It's always a little hard to witness, the anesthesia and then the needle to the heart. 

I'm a bit subdued today -- a little tired, a little down. It's about Snowy and it's about a lot of rejections lately, with no glimmers of hope on the publishing front. I don't despair as much as I used to with rejections; I've become inured to them. I am wondering once more if my writing is unmarketable, and if so, why.

Looking for the good in today -- my classes are going well and I'm getting enough sleep. I've been productive both in writing and in submitting (short stories and the like). I stirred myself up enough to write this.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I believe that everyone here comes with good intent. If you come to spoil my assumptions by verbal abuse, excessive profanity, spam or other abuses I had not considered, I reserve the right to delete your notes or delete your participation. I am the arbiter of what violates good intent.