Monday, September 2, 2019

Labor Day

It's Labor Day in the US, which these days has less to do with celebrating the worker as it does one last steak on the grill before autumn. Makes sense, as the US is hardly pro-worker right now.

I'm feeling decidedly unmotivated. I have a bit of homework to grade, and a short story (flash fiction?) to tweak. I should probably send out my next set of queries (I have at least 30 to send this time around) but I'm so not feeling it.

Maybe this is a day to rest. My longtime readers know, however, that if I say that I'm most certainly NOT going to rest. 

************
8:45 AM CDT:
Ok, I got the grading done. Still don't know what I'm going to do with myself today, but I do wish I had more coffee. 

************
9:09 AM CDT:
Just tweaked the flash fiction.  Desperately need coffee even though I had two cups this morning. Have espresso beans, but I just found out my Moka pot is missing a gasket. I don't know if I want to drink cafe American though.

***********
9:14 AM CDT:
Trying to psych myself up to do querying. Also still trying to solve the coffee problem, because I'm not sure I'm up to going out at the moment to Scooter's (with its corporate air and its uncomfortable booths) ...

Ok, not gripping blogging today. Better go figure out what to do on my day off...

No comments:

Post a Comment

I believe that everyone here comes with good intent. If you come to spoil my assumptions by verbal abuse, excessive profanity, spam or other abuses I had not considered, I reserve the right to delete your notes or delete your participation. I am the arbiter of what violates good intent.