Friday, September 27, 2019

Letdown

Yesterday I woke up with that feeling that something good, really good, was going to happen.

Instead, I got two rejections.

It's laid me a bit low. It's not that I haven't been getting rejections all along; I can be a bit superstitious at times, and I felt as if the universe bitch-slapped me. 

I'm stewing in the very common writer's self-castigation: My writing isn't interesting enough, my writing isn't good enough, I'm not good enough.

Still, I turned my pitch for Prodigies to Pitch Wars, which is a competition to find established authors who will work with you to improve your pitch materials so that they entice agents. 

I keep trying, because I will never get published if I don't try. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I believe that everyone here comes with good intent. If you come to spoil my assumptions by verbal abuse, excessive profanity, spam or other abuses I had not considered, I reserve the right to delete your notes or delete your participation. I am the arbiter of what violates good intent.