Monday, September 16, 2019

Are you trying to be funny?

I consider myself a pretty funny person, with stories, puns, dark humor -- a pretty good complement of funny. 

However, I tend to write pretty dark, picking topics that might be too close to home at times (climate change) or contemporary with fantastical elements (immortals, people with preternatural talents). 

What are some ideas for a funny (maybe dark funny) short story?


  • A vampire at an NA (Narcotics Anonymous) meeting
  • A man who time travels to the future to find it's being run by sentient cats
  • A man who tumbles an autocratic government by introducing them to cat memes
  • An "elixir of life" that ends up inducing extreme altruism
I'm actually having fun here! Let's see if one of these becomes a short story.

***********
I'm almost to the point where I might take up Gaia's Hands again for editing. I'm not convinced it has good bones, but I'm willing to wrestle with it. I might have Whose Hearts are Mountains on dev edit soon. 


I have to come up with a novel idea (see what I did there?) for NaNoWriMo in November. Wish me luck. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

I believe that everyone here comes with good intent. If you come to spoil my assumptions by verbal abuse, excessive profanity, spam or other abuses I had not considered, I reserve the right to delete your notes or delete your participation. I am the arbiter of what violates good intent.