Monday, September 23, 2019

Belief and Doubt

I sent the first three chapters of Apocalypse off to Tom Doherty Associates (TOR) yesterday. I have several story submissions out and the manuscript for Prodigies at DAW. I have several queries on Apocalypse out to agents.

And I am filled with doubt.
 
I believe I'm a good writer, or else I wouldn't push myself to improve, and I wouldn't try to get published. I just feel doubt every time I submit. But I keep submitting anyhow. 

Doubt is just a feeling. It is not reality. Some might point out that getting all the rejections I've gotten is a reality and that I should just give up. But I believe the process is subjective and that, sooner or later, my work will speak to someone. 

My belief and doubt coexist; I choose to act upon my belief.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I believe that everyone here comes with good intent. If you come to spoil my assumptions by verbal abuse, excessive profanity, spam or other abuses I had not considered, I reserve the right to delete your notes or delete your participation. I am the arbiter of what violates good intent.