Friday, September 20, 2019

Experiment results:

About a month ago, I made the vow that I would go about writing as if I'd already been published. Here's the result: 

I will get back into novel writing for NaNo (National Novel Writing Month) in November. I've already committed to a novel -- I'm going to tackle the book I've been postponing for the longest time, Gods' Seeds. So if I don't start noveling (is that a verb?) before then, I will go back to writing novels in November.

Yes, I was considering quitting, but my developmental editor is suggesting I keep writing, and I respect her judgment. I think it's good to have external voices to help counter the dreary self-doubt that writers have a tendency toward. 

My dev editor also suggested trying out for Pitch Wars, which is a competitive process by which one can get an intense pitch workout. I will be trying for this, because I have the desire to improve.


And I'm still submitting, mostly short stories and flash fiction, but also queries on Apocalypse. I may send out to one or two novel publishers this weekend because I expect a rainy time. 

In writing as if I've already been published, all I've lost is the negative self-talk. I think I could like this.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I believe that everyone here comes with good intent. If you come to spoil my assumptions by verbal abuse, excessive profanity, spam or other abuses I had not considered, I reserve the right to delete your notes or delete your participation. I am the arbiter of what violates good intent.