Tuesday, September 17, 2019

Taking stock of the blog

These are the things that I've learned in writing this blog.


  • My blog gets an average of 20 hits a day. I would like to up that, but that might not change till I have a product (a published book). Let me know if I'm wrong.
  • The national origins of my readers will always surprise me. The other day, a reader from Vietnam showed up. I've had visitors from Singapore and Egypt lately. Among my regulars are Germany, Poland, Portugal, India, Ukraine, and Russia.
  • I know virtually nothing about my visitors. I know what time of day they visit, how often, what they've read. I do not know who they are or why they've decided to visit. As far as I know, I know nobody from Portugal, Ukraine, and Russia. I don't assume that my Polish, German, or Indian readers are the people I know there. I know that either Russia or Ukraine houses that annoying SEO bot that occasionally drops me URLs to webcam girls. (I don't go there).
  • I will keep writing this blog. It may change direction as my needs as a writer change, but it will probably always be a combination of creative writing, musing about writing and being a writer, and the occasional "this is what my life looks like right now."

No comments:

Post a Comment

I believe that everyone here comes with good intent. If you come to spoil my assumptions by verbal abuse, excessive profanity, spam or other abuses I had not considered, I reserve the right to delete your notes or delete your participation. I am the arbiter of what violates good intent.