Saturday, September 21, 2019

I was born for autumn

I'm feeling in the mood for autumn. Meterological fall started August 31, but it hasn't felt like fall lately given the 85+ degree weather, and astronomical fall won't be for a couple more days.

Today, it's raining outside, which puts me more in mind of fall. I like fall best because it is a season of introspection, of putting away the revelry of summer and taking stock of how many leaves I've seen fall in my life. The crisp mornings with scarlet and orange maple against the clear blue sky recall perfect moments, while the dark, icy rain reminds me of past travails.

I was born in autumn, born for autumn. It suits my dramatic side, the part of me who wants a black cape to walk through the whispering leaves. It suits the writer in me who wants to write of the dark corners of the psyche. 

I will welcome autumn with a cup of cider or a glass of brandy, toasting the harvest and the darkening nights.



No comments:

Post a Comment

I believe that everyone here comes with good intent. If you come to spoil my assumptions by verbal abuse, excessive profanity, spam or other abuses I had not considered, I reserve the right to delete your notes or delete your participation. I am the arbiter of what violates good intent.