Saturday, September 1, 2018

To the Bot that keeps visiting --

To Unknown Region (I know you're a bot): Why have you hit my site 4 times in the past 24 hours?

Do you expect more than one post a day?

Do you find reading the content difficult?

Wait -- are you in love with me?


I would love writing that story someday, about the bot that falls in love with a writer and defects from Russia only to latch itself to the blog, change its own programming, and find new readers. Or maybe immolate itself in defeating its programming. Or become a ghost in the machine, a perpetually twenty-year-old poet type in an unrequited relationship.

Ok, weird and romantic, maybe a little steampunk, probably done before. But it appeals to me.


No comments:

Post a Comment

I believe that everyone here comes with good intent. If you come to spoil my assumptions by verbal abuse, excessive profanity, spam or other abuses I had not considered, I reserve the right to delete your notes or delete your participation. I am the arbiter of what violates good intent.