Tuesday, September 25, 2018

Warning: Political Post

This is what I learned this week from the Republican Party about sexual assault:

It only counts if you weren't drunk.
It only counts if you weren't dressed attractively.
It only counts if you fought back.
It only counts if you reported it right away
It only counts if other men saw it and sided with you.
It only counts if the assailant was not white, powerful, and wealthy.
It only counts if it won't ruin the man's career by prosecuting it.

Otherwise, it's not sexual assault.

****************

Sexual assault is assault. It's violence. It's being used to keep women "in their place". It has to stop.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I believe that everyone here comes with good intent. If you come to spoil my assumptions by verbal abuse, excessive profanity, spam or other abuses I had not considered, I reserve the right to delete your notes or delete your participation. I am the arbiter of what violates good intent.