Sunday, September 23, 2018

I don't know what to write!

NaNoWriMo is approaching, (November 1st)  and I don't know what to write.

I've been in editing mode -- Apocalypse is a good amount of the way done edit-wise, while I just got handed back my first novel, Gaia's Hands, from the developmental editor. I have enough editing for the next couple months at least.

But NaNo is about writing, not editing.

I haven't written new for a while because of my editing needs. Although I haven't finished Whose Hearts are Mountains, there's not enough material left to make the 50,000 word total for NaNo.

I need an idea for a new novel by November 1.

I have a couple on the back burner: the sequel to Voyageurs, where our two characters time travel to stop the end of the world due to climate change, but that doesn't appeal to me. In fact, I feel like I've backed myself into a corner writing a book that obviously has a sequel. It's not just the research I would have to do, but the fact that I don't know if I have enough plot to support the 80,000 word minimum for whatever genre it is.

The other involves an Archetype war with hideous implications for humans. I am so far away from the Archetype universe right now that I don't know if I can create this.

I need inspiration -- help!

Muse, if you're out there, inspire me!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I believe that everyone here comes with good intent. If you come to spoil my assumptions by verbal abuse, excessive profanity, spam or other abuses I had not considered, I reserve the right to delete your notes or delete your participation. I am the arbiter of what violates good intent.