Sunday, June 30, 2019

Sunday: Classical music and tea

I'm late today -- just warming up for today's reading/tweaking of Apocalypse. My last thorough pass-through, I hope. I plan to get halfway through the second half of the book; all the way through if my eyes don't start to bleed (that's meant figuratively; don't panic.)

I don't like the phrase 'warming up' on days like this because it's dangerously hot this weekend in Missouri. Like 100 degrees hot. I haven't even gone to work at the cafe this weekend because that's too hot for me to go outside in. (Ok, fine, I could go outside in it but that much heat makes me lazy.)

The drink du jour is Ten Ren No. 913 King's Oolong/Ginseng tea, a good solid Taiwanese tea a friend of mine gave me. It's amazingly refreshing hot tea. My frumpy calico cat Girlie-Girl (of the six, the one most attached to me) sits on the couch right behind me, cleaning herself. 

Playing on the stereo: Concerto in A Major, Bach. In my life, Sunday mornings lend themselves to leisure and tea/coffee and classical music in a room cluttered with hobbies and cats. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I believe that everyone here comes with good intent. If you come to spoil my assumptions by verbal abuse, excessive profanity, spam or other abuses I had not considered, I reserve the right to delete your notes or delete your participation. I am the arbiter of what violates good intent.