Tuesday, June 18, 2019

Working on a marketing plan

Even if I don't have a book to sell yet, I (optimistically) will. So I'm going to start playing with a marketing plan here.

Who is my audience -- other than my current followers here? 
  • Readers of intelligent contemporary fantasy/magical realism.
 Where do I find them? (I have 20 regular readers of this blog and 100 readers of my page on facebook -- I don't think new people will find me if I don't look for them).  So where are they hiding?
  • fantasy writer groups on facebook
  • fantasy READER groups on facebook
  What will I talk about?
  • being a writer
  • progress on books
  • anything published
 
How will I present the message?
  • craft messages/blurbs about my writing
  • consider excerpts of my work
  • use hashtags: #gardenofeden #archetypes #prodigies #talents #fantasybook
  • use instagram and twitter (I hate twitter; I don't ever have good pictures for instragram, but time to up my game)
   How often will I send messages?
  • continue to blog/hootsuite the blog to twitter and facebook daily 
  • newsletter monthly

 Ha! A marketing plan!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I believe that everyone here comes with good intent. If you come to spoil my assumptions by verbal abuse, excessive profanity, spam or other abuses I had not considered, I reserve the right to delete your notes or delete your participation. I am the arbiter of what violates good intent.