Saturday, June 29, 2019

The Daily Submission

Strangely, the daily rejection submission gives me more hope than might be expected.

To those who haven't been following my log, I have started submitting flash fiction/poetry and short stories I've written on a daily basis, one per day, using Submittable. This means that, given the odds of being published with all the submissions coming in, I have been receiving a rejection a day.

I don't focus on the rejections, strangely. I focus on the fact that I, at the moment, have six submissions (counting Prodigies at DAW, a manuscript for a novel) out. 

I don't know how much longer I can continue this exercise, because there are little readers fees nickeling and diming me -- four dollars here, six dollars elsewhere. But so far, it's given me hope. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I believe that everyone here comes with good intent. If you come to spoil my assumptions by verbal abuse, excessive profanity, spam or other abuses I had not considered, I reserve the right to delete your notes or delete your participation. I am the arbiter of what violates good intent.