Wednesday, June 12, 2019

Petrified

I'm going to this writers' conference this weekend, and I'm petrified.

I shouldn't be. I have been to many professional conferences, presented my work in front of other professionals in my field, taught 25 years of classes -- but I'm petrified of going to this conference.

I can count the reasons:
  • Because now I have to admit I'm a writer
  • Because I don't know how I come off in person
  • Because I'm going to be around real published writers, of which I'm not one
  • Because I have handed off ten pages of Prodigies in an editorial review and I don't know what ELSE I'll be expected to change.
  • Because I'll be giving a verbal pitch to real people instead of just online
  • Just because 
I have no choice but to go. This is going to be a learning experience for me. Probably not my big opportunity, but a learning experience. 

Deep breath. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I believe that everyone here comes with good intent. If you come to spoil my assumptions by verbal abuse, excessive profanity, spam or other abuses I had not considered, I reserve the right to delete your notes or delete your participation. I am the arbiter of what violates good intent.