Wednesday, June 26, 2019

A Rejection a Day

I think I'm becoming more sanguine about rejection. 

I'll never like rejection, although one woman I met at Gateway Con said that she loved rejection because it meant another person read her stuff and knew her name. 

I've been practicing my rejections. I've got Submittable (a submissions software) bookmarked on my computer and I try every day to submit a little something -- a short story, flash fiction, a poem -- to see if anything gets accepted. I'm hoping for acceptance. So far, I've been getting tiny rejections, and that's not bad.

Of course, I know myself -- I'll be good about rejections till I get a major rejection. Like the one I'll probably possibly get for Prodigies. 

But even then, I know that a rejection doesn't mean that my writing is bad, but could mean that my writing was in the wrong place at the wrong time. It means that it's time to examine the piece and try, try again.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I believe that everyone here comes with good intent. If you come to spoil my assumptions by verbal abuse, excessive profanity, spam or other abuses I had not considered, I reserve the right to delete your notes or delete your participation. I am the arbiter of what violates good intent.