Monday, June 24, 2019

I feel like a murderer.

This edit of Apocalypse is a bit harder than I thought. I need to make our unlikely heroes more unlikely, and by that I mean they need to struggle more. They need to be less successful.

More of them, in other words, need to die. 

I don't like killing characters. Not because of sentiment; I would kill major characters if I didn't need them for the plot. I'm just bad at writing death. 

But my dev editor is very, very correct. This battle is going to have to be stacked against my protagonists and people are going to have to die. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I believe that everyone here comes with good intent. If you come to spoil my assumptions by verbal abuse, excessive profanity, spam or other abuses I had not considered, I reserve the right to delete your notes or delete your participation. I am the arbiter of what violates good intent.