Monday, June 3, 2019

DIscombobulated

I really want to write today.

But so far, my calendar seems to thwart me from all directions. I have (another!) dental appointment* this morning, followed by a meeting with the outfit that is sponsoring the National Guard training which my husband and I will be doing moulage** for.  And, depending on how long that will take (too long, I suspect; I have no patience with dawdling) maybe then I'll have time to write.

I had great ideas last night for my rewrite/character development of Gaia's Hands, and of course I forgot some of it and I'm trying to piece the rest of it together with Richard***. I need a good stretch of time to write with more coffee to fuel me****. 

I've written today's blog and I have promised myself at least an hour on Gaia's Hands. Hopefully, I will feel inspired.



* I was born with an enamel deficiency and rather soft teeth; I have all my teeth crowned, but one or two of my teeth have broken off and require further work.

** Casualty simulation; making up volunteers to look like victims for training purposes. This run-through is an earthquake simulation to train the local National Guardsmen. For the first time ever, we're getting paid for it. Woo hoo!

*** Richard is the husband previously mentioned.

**** We're currently drinking our way through a coffee blend that is supposed to taste like chocolate; no matter how we roast it, we aren't getting any chocolate notes, just something that tastes like really good commercial coffee. Sigh.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I believe that everyone here comes with good intent. If you come to spoil my assumptions by verbal abuse, excessive profanity, spam or other abuses I had not considered, I reserve the right to delete your notes or delete your participation. I am the arbiter of what violates good intent.