Tuesday, June 23, 2020

What do I do now?



"I'm just not as compelled by your story as I would like."

This pretty much summarizes the rejections I have gotten lately, and I wish I could interpret the message so I can improve my books. What does this mean? What would it take to be compelling? 

I'm frustrated and don't know what to do at this point. I don't know whether it's just their taste or the popularity of my current memes or my writing. 

I don't know where I can send my work for review because my work has already been through a developmental editor and beta readers. Is there a type of editor for "not compelling enough"?

I don't mind criticism is there's an idea of how to remedy. I have nothing to go on here. 

Any ideas, readers? 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I believe that everyone here comes with good intent. If you come to spoil my assumptions by verbal abuse, excessive profanity, spam or other abuses I had not considered, I reserve the right to delete your notes or delete your participation. I am the arbiter of what violates good intent.