Monday, June 29, 2020

A touch of depression

Trying to wake up after 12 hours sleep. I feel like I could sleep more.
This is the sign that I'm in a bit of a depression, although whether biological or situational I don't know. 



I'm convinced that I get into this state every end-of-semester, and that I can hold it off until then. My end of semester wasn't until now because I had an intense summer class I just got over with. 

So what does depression look like? At this stage, it feels like sleeping all the time and wanting to sleep more, and avoiding email. Feeling a bit down about things and not wanting to engage. Taking things a bit harder than I normally do. 

The trick here is to not go in further. Get the things done I need to get done. Not take 2-hour afternoon naps (although that's hard). Try not to think too negatively. Do cognitive exercises if I need to. Push myself to write.

If I don't get this knocked down in a couple weeks, it's time for me to see my psychiatrist for a medication adjustment. I hope it doesn't come to that. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I believe that everyone here comes with good intent. If you come to spoil my assumptions by verbal abuse, excessive profanity, spam or other abuses I had not considered, I reserve the right to delete your notes or delete your participation. I am the arbiter of what violates good intent.