Wednesday, June 24, 2020

Musing on the search for quality.



Sorry I'm late; I had to write a couple pages on my final paper for my disaster mental health class. So here I am:

I'm looking for another developmental editor to look at two of my novels (the two I think are most ready for prime time) to see if I can improve them some more to get an edge toward getting published. 

I love dev editors, but I wonder if this is wasted effort. I read a tweet today that suggested that agents aren't even taking fantasy at this time. But I don't know if it's wasted time and money, because I want my books to be the best they can even if I'm self-publishing. 

I wish I knew whether the issue was the market or my writing (or both?) 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I believe that everyone here comes with good intent. If you come to spoil my assumptions by verbal abuse, excessive profanity, spam or other abuses I had not considered, I reserve the right to delete your notes or delete your participation. I am the arbiter of what violates good intent.