Wednesday, June 17, 2020

A Tiny Bit of Progress



I actually wrote a little on Gaia's Hands (the rewrite) yesterday. Not much, because I had to cut and hide a few things for a later scene and make some decisions that took a bit of time, but I got some written.

I have a better idea of Josh these days. (I've always had a good idea about Jeanne.) He's actually a pretty interesting person, given a few years and an instructor's position at the university. 

I've been having such a struggle with this particular book (possibly because it's a rewrite, possibly since I'm using the Save the Cat template from scratch instead of retrofitting it, possibly because it's a romance, and I just don't see myself writing romance.

But Jeanne and Josh are a couple, a tightly bonded couple, so their origin story needs to be told. And I'm the one to tell it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I believe that everyone here comes with good intent. If you come to spoil my assumptions by verbal abuse, excessive profanity, spam or other abuses I had not considered, I reserve the right to delete your notes or delete your participation. I am the arbiter of what violates good intent.