Friday, June 19, 2020

Coffee and Struggle


#nomakeup #nofilter #quarantinehair 


This is me at the local coffeehouse I've been talking about. I haven't been going very fast with my writing -- this novel just doesn't want to be written. 

I think I've written 1500 words in the past two days and rearranged another 1500. Usually when I write, it's 2000-3000 words a day, especially when I have this much free time. 

Despite my outline and my general idea of how the story goes, I'm having trouble writing it. I'm having trouble feeling the story. This shouldn't surprise me; I've been very discouraged lately. Too many rejections. Too many "this story isn't really grabbing me". I've changed the beginnings of the stories to help people get into them more, but I still fear more rejections.

So, despite that smile, I'm struggling right now. I'm looking for a breakthrough. I'm looking for a chance.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I believe that everyone here comes with good intent. If you come to spoil my assumptions by verbal abuse, excessive profanity, spam or other abuses I had not considered, I reserve the right to delete your notes or delete your participation. I am the arbiter of what violates good intent.