Thursday, June 4, 2020

PitMad



Hope, I hear, springs eternal.

I have prepared my pitches for #PitMad today. #PitMad, for those of you who don't know, is an opportunity for un-agented writers (like me) to tantalize agents with 280-character pitches for the books resting uneasily on our computers.

I have had no luck so far on #PitMad. I think part of the problem is that I'm not easily sorted into a niche. In PitMad parlance, I write paranormal, but I don't write about vampires or werewolves, just immortals. In regular querying, Query Tracker doesn't even have a category for Paranormal. Maybe Contemporary Fantasy, because I don't write about medieval chain mail battles with dragons. 

I'm feeling skeptical about PitMad as usual, but if I don't try, I'll never know if it works.

******
My pitches:

Anthropologist Anna Schmidt must chase the origins of a folk legend in the aftermath of the United States’ collapse to keep her sanity; instead, she finds the truth behind her missing childhood – and her role in stopping a genocide. #A #F #P #PitMad

Grace Silverstein, an eighteen-year-old viola prodigy, hides her secret talent, even from herself, until she and her friends are sought by a shadowy consortium who would destroy the United Nations and hundreds of lives with it. #P #F #A #PitMad

No comments:

Post a Comment

I believe that everyone here comes with good intent. If you come to spoil my assumptions by verbal abuse, excessive profanity, spam or other abuses I had not considered, I reserve the right to delete your notes or delete your participation. I am the arbiter of what violates good intent.