Saturday, December 14, 2019

That feeling that something's going to happen

The feeling like something is about to happen.

It feels like an itch between the shoulderblades, so deep that no amount of itching could get rid of it. Like a target is painted there and I can feel where the arrow is going to land, but it hasn't landed yet. 

Most of the time I feel like this, nothing happens. 

If anything prompts this feeling, it's the belief something should be happening and frustration that it's not. I've just got off for break, I don't go back in until the second or so week of January, and I don't know what to do with myself.

I could work (I have a poster to do) but my brain is still tired from finishing up the semester and it's Saturday.

I could rest, but that's the sort of thing that brings up this feeling something should be happening.

I could write -- I probably should write. That would likely get me out of the house, because I write better at the cafe. A short story awaits. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I believe that everyone here comes with good intent. If you come to spoil my assumptions by verbal abuse, excessive profanity, spam or other abuses I had not considered, I reserve the right to delete your notes or delete your participation. I am the arbiter of what violates good intent.