Sunday, December 15, 2019

Waiting for the Snow

I love keeping up with weather forecasts when a winter storm is coming.

Yesterday, the National Weather Service said our area was to get 2-4 inches, then 4-6. This morning I wake up to find out we're going to get 1-2 inches. Hardly enough to justify putting the snow boots on, and certainly not enough to justify an emergency trip to the store to buy bread and milk.

I'd like some picturesque snow, enough to cover drab lawns and make for a cozy evening. But I don't want too much snow, or else I won't be able to get dug out in time to go to Starved Rock for Christmas.

I should know better than to expect the weather to conform to my wishes. I've been stuck in my house during blizzards only to watch the snow melt the next morning, driven into a half-mile wide blizzard on the interstate, snowed in for two-three days when a storm dropped 36 inches of snow overnight. 

But still, I hope the snow doesn't ruin my plans for travel.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I believe that everyone here comes with good intent. If you come to spoil my assumptions by verbal abuse, excessive profanity, spam or other abuses I had not considered, I reserve the right to delete your notes or delete your participation. I am the arbiter of what violates good intent.