Sunday, December 8, 2019

Something to learn

Sometime around the 2nd of February, I will have put in 1000 entries into this blog. A couple-three years or so worth of entries. This boggles my mind, because I didn't think I could stick to something for that long.

To be honest, I've never been good at sticking to things. I plant a garden and the weeds take over. I start a hobby and I abandon with a room full of supplies. A good amount of this is from the bipolar, when one gets a boost of enthusiasm and energy in mania and then heads down a spiral of depression. Some of this has to do with my ability to over-focus at times, and the subsequent burnout. Some of it has to do with my somewhat lacking planning skills. In other words, I'm a mess who can concentrate on two things well: My job and my writing. 

Maybe I have something to learn from this -- what keeps me on track on these two areas?  Influence on the outside. 

How can I use this? Provide myself with external contact points, such as this blog does. There aren't many of you, but I don't want to let you down, so I keep writing. I keep trying to publish. I keep asking for feedback.


So, if you're stuck anywhere in life, what motivates you? What is your workaround? 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I believe that everyone here comes with good intent. If you come to spoil my assumptions by verbal abuse, excessive profanity, spam or other abuses I had not considered, I reserve the right to delete your notes or delete your participation. I am the arbiter of what violates good intent.