Monday, December 16, 2019

Dear Santa:

Dear Santa:

I dream of getting published by a major publishing house. 
Think of it as my visions of sugarplums for the season. I have no idea if my wish is overly ambitious, or if you can grant it. 

I don't know if you answer adults' wishes. I suppose if you did, you'd have to have McMansions and Maseratis in that big bottomless sack of yours. And I don't know if you answer everyone's wishes, because there are children starving and children separated from their families, and you haven't granted their wishes. To be honest, if you have to choose between me and those children, I'd prefer you give them comfort and peace and all good things.

But I still wish, because I'm superstitious. I hope that it's possible for you to hook into that ephemeral luck and catch its attention for a fleeting second so my manuscript gets a second look. 

So if you're listening, Santa ...

No comments:

Post a Comment

I believe that everyone here comes with good intent. If you come to spoil my assumptions by verbal abuse, excessive profanity, spam or other abuses I had not considered, I reserve the right to delete your notes or delete your participation. I am the arbiter of what violates good intent.