Wednesday, December 25, 2019

Christmas and the Days After

It's Christmas day, and I'm sitting in the Great Hall at Starved Rock State Park, in front of the fireplace. My husband just snapped a picture of the fireplace and some Christmas decor for us:



Despite my fretting, it has been a good Christmas. I knew pretty much what I was getting before Christmas, because that's how Richard and I do our shopping. He managed to surprise me with the chocolate in the stocking (given that I'm eating responsibly again, the chocolate should lasr me a long time.

Once Christmas is over, I'm going to need to strategize. January and February are hard for me, particularly because the weather is so bleak and the celebrations are over. I'm more prone to depression at this time. I will have to find things to celebrate and time to celebrate them until springtime comes with its sun.

But in the meantime, Wingless Dreamer wants a headshot of me so they can publish one of my poems. That's a positive.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I believe that everyone here comes with good intent. If you come to spoil my assumptions by verbal abuse, excessive profanity, spam or other abuses I had not considered, I reserve the right to delete your notes or delete your participation. I am the arbiter of what violates good intent.