Sunday, December 22, 2019

Holiday Travel

I didn't write yesterday because I was on the road from the far northwest corner of Missouri to Illinois to visit my family and celebrate Christmas. I'm in town now, typing this at Jeremiah Joe's in Ottawa, IL, watching children misbehave next to the Christmas tree in the big display windows left over from when this space was Famous Department Store. 

I'm getting old. I'm talking in that way older people talk: "I remember when this was Famous Department Store ..." It's inevitable that, when one gets old enough to see things change, that one documents the change aloud. I don't like admitting I'm old; there's still that part of me that thinks younger men should be conducting courtly displays of mischievous intellectualism toward me, but I'm officially past my expiration date for that. 

The white Christmas this year will be only in our dreams, given that highs this week will be in the 40s and there's no precipitation in the forecast. I might be able to take a Christmas hike at Starved Rock State Park. I wonder if that's a thing.

It looks like my dev edit has been delayed till New Years (thank goodness; I wasn't ready for a Christmas present that would make me cry!) No, I know all of what I'm getting for Christmas, unless the universe decides to surprise me with good news about my writing. 

************
Yule was yesterday, Hanukkah starts tonight, Christmas is Wednesday. Good greetings to all of you!


No comments:

Post a Comment

I believe that everyone here comes with good intent. If you come to spoil my assumptions by verbal abuse, excessive profanity, spam or other abuses I had not considered, I reserve the right to delete your notes or delete your participation. I am the arbiter of what violates good intent.