Friday, December 20, 2019

Apprehensive about the dev edit

Maybe I'm a bit apprehensive about my dev edit. My new dev editor says she wrote 2500 words on the first two chapters alone. That's about half the words in the actual chapters. 

I'm afraid I'm going to be overwhelmed with the whole thing. Maybe I will go through the list and come up with short summaries of what I need to do. 

I mean it's a good thing she's this thorough. I asked for it -- in fact, I paid her to be thorough. This is what I want. But it's still intimidating, and still difficult, and still likely to make me feel like I just can't write. I'll need to close my eyes, take a deep breath, and tell myself it's for my own good.

I will be editing a bit over Christmas at Starved Rock; I always bring my laptop on trips for that reason. But the bulk of this editing will be when I return from my trip.

Wish me luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I believe that everyone here comes with good intent. If you come to spoil my assumptions by verbal abuse, excessive profanity, spam or other abuses I had not considered, I reserve the right to delete your notes or delete your participation. I am the arbiter of what violates good intent.