Sunday, December 29, 2019

Discovering perseverance

Today is post number 976. In a little under a month, I will write my 1000th post.

This is probably the most consistent thing I've ever done in my life. Almost every day, I've written this blog as a way to reach out and as a way to help manage writers' block. I guess I'm in it for the long run. 

I'm serious about this being the most consistent thing I've done in my life (other than things like breathing and eating). I've had a habit of being really excited by a new hobby or skill and doing it for a while, but not completing it. Gardening is a good example: I will start seeds of all sorts of edible plants in January through March, plant them, and then give up right around the time weeds sprout. My yields go to zero because I can't find my plants through all the weeds. I'm not planting this year -- I'm letting my raised beds go fallow with tarps on them to kill the weeds. 

I wonder if my blogging will help me make more habits in my life stick. One of these is eating more healthy so I can lose weight again (Yeah, I didn't stick to that too well) and maybe walking. I may have to set New Years' resolutions (although I hate those). Or maybe I just keep doing the right thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I believe that everyone here comes with good intent. If you come to spoil my assumptions by verbal abuse, excessive profanity, spam or other abuses I had not considered, I reserve the right to delete your notes or delete your participation. I am the arbiter of what violates good intent.