Tuesday, July 23, 2019

Wish me good happy things

Well, I got a rejection in a short story contest, but it's not bothering me too much. I didn't even get honorable mention. I think they were looking for literary fiction, which is high concept fiction that doesn't touch genres. I write genre fiction, specifically science fiction/fantasy. I may need to be a little more specific as to who I send to. 

I'm pushing myself to go drink coffee and write at the Game Cafe. I don't think I've been there in two weeks, and that might be part of the reason why I've been having trouble motivating. When I'm feeling down, the closer I am to my bed, the harder it is to motivate. 

My choices on projects are either: 1) keep revising on Gaia's Hands or 2) keep writing on Hands (No, not at all confusing), the origin story for Grzegorz Koslowski (apologies to Polish readers; I can't get that little mark through the l to work). I might feel motivated enough to go through Gaia's Hands today. 

Wish me luck and motivations and good happy things. I still have a couple submissions out there and one query to an agent. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I believe that everyone here comes with good intent. If you come to spoil my assumptions by verbal abuse, excessive profanity, spam or other abuses I had not considered, I reserve the right to delete your notes or delete your participation. I am the arbiter of what violates good intent.