Tuesday, July 30, 2019

Revving the treadmill engine

I guess I got tired of that idyllic end of summer crap, because I've sent twenty queries over the past couple of days. 

That's twenty chances for rejection, I know. That's also twenty chances for requests for manuscripts. That's twenty chances for someone to share my query with another agent in the agency. Twenty more agents who know my name.

No, I'm not always as optimistic as I sound. It's just that my hedonic treadmill, the constant state of moving up and down from our hedonic set point , really gets revving up when presented with possibilities. 

So I have to get more queries out there to rev my treadmill engine, and so I'll be writing those up until I work New York Hope as moulage crew and then start my semester. 

In the meantime, I dream of someday having a book release party. Locally, where I'm with the people I know. Cake and coffee and punch. What quirky things do you think should happen at a book party? Humor me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I believe that everyone here comes with good intent. If you come to spoil my assumptions by verbal abuse, excessive profanity, spam or other abuses I had not considered, I reserve the right to delete your notes or delete your participation. I am the arbiter of what violates good intent.