Monday, July 29, 2019

Making things happen

Yesterday, I sent a few queries out for Archetype. I was going to wait, but I felt like it was time. I like having queries out, because it makes me feel like something good could happen. 

The strange thing is that I'm not feeling that burning feeling to get something published lately. Maybe because I have gotten published (or will be anyhow) -- my short essay in A3. Or because I'm feeling the season slip into autumn and classes. Or because I'm used to getting rejections. Or because my feelings have nothing to do with how well-received my letter is if I wrote my letter well. 

I am really motivated to send out queries these last couple days. I'm trying to pace myself, though, because I'm always afraid I will become manic. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I believe that everyone here comes with good intent. If you come to spoil my assumptions by verbal abuse, excessive profanity, spam or other abuses I had not considered, I reserve the right to delete your notes or delete your participation. I am the arbiter of what violates good intent.