Monday, July 22, 2019

Slump

Oh, I really need to get out of this slump!

It's like I've forgotten I'm a writer, and all I want to do is nap all day. That sounds like depression to me, but I don't feel depressed. Just tired, and relaxed, and totally meh.

This, I remind myself, is not who I want to be. I want to be a writer. I want to get a novel published, and maybe some short stories. I have two short stories and a novel (still Prodigies at DAW) out there, and a third short-short that should be announced any day now (I doubt I've won that one, but maybe I'm a runner-up?) 

I'm wondering if winning the short essay contest at A3 has satisfied my desire to get published. I'm wondering where my drive to go further has gone. I'm wondering if I need a change of scenery, but the cafe is closed today. 

I'll push myself to write today, but maybe a bit later. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I believe that everyone here comes with good intent. If you come to spoil my assumptions by verbal abuse, excessive profanity, spam or other abuses I had not considered, I reserve the right to delete your notes or delete your participation. I am the arbiter of what violates good intent.