Wednesday, July 17, 2019

Platelets

So I'm hopefully giving platelets today.

The process behind giving platelets involves doing nothing for two hours while having a needle in one's arm. You sit in the most comfortable lounge couch with warm blankets and pads and a tv screen in front of you.

I've gotten pretty good at surfing the internet one-handed on my phone, and the only tv I ever watch is during these sessions. 

Sometimes I meditate, because it's pretty quiet in there. Sometimes I watch with wonder as the machine works its magic and seperates the platelets from blood and plasma and gives me back those fluids. 

It's not two hours wasted. It's a two-hour break from my mind, which always wants to be busy. And I may be saving someone's life. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

I believe that everyone here comes with good intent. If you come to spoil my assumptions by verbal abuse, excessive profanity, spam or other abuses I had not considered, I reserve the right to delete your notes or delete your participation. I am the arbiter of what violates good intent.