Tuesday, July 2, 2019

All that's left is the bones

That scream you just heard? That was my story after I gutted and flayed it.

I am revising Gaia's Hands -- or so I thought. I looked over the structure of my story and realized it needed ... a lot. The bones are solid: the unlikely couple of Jeanne Beaumont and Josh Young, their struggle against a corporate-academic partnership that threatens Jeanne's livelihood and more, the development of their relationship with the World-Soul Gaia and their talents. The flesh on the bones -- the particulars, the pacing -- all off.  

In other words, the outline needs reshaping, and large amounts of it need to be completely rewritten knowing what I know now about writing. 

I really don't know if I'm up to rewriting this story.

Sigh.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I believe that everyone here comes with good intent. If you come to spoil my assumptions by verbal abuse, excessive profanity, spam or other abuses I had not considered, I reserve the right to delete your notes or delete your participation. I am the arbiter of what violates good intent.