Sunday, July 21, 2019

Some Days It's Hard




It's Sunday morning here in Maryville, on a dark morning following a torrential thunderstorm, with more rain on the way. I'm listening to classical music and drinking entirely too much coffee, followed by a good dose of King's Oolong Tea 913, which I received from a friend of mine who's currently back in China. No need to go out; just a long amount of time to do something.

Or nothing. Right now, I want to do nothing.


I took a break from writing yesterday, mostly because I didn't feel well, but in part because my projects are as follows:


  1. Gaia's Hands, which is frustrating me because I can't get a handle for improving it (this vastly rewritten and rewritten story)
  2. A short story about one of the characters in Prodigies, which starts with a whole family dying in a bombing and gets more depressing from there.
Not much to grab onto, is there? 


My worry if I take another break is that I will quit writing, because, frankly, it's easier not to write. Part of the reason I write this blog is to force myself to be productive, to take the hard path, the path I really want to see myself walk down. 

So we'll see what I want to write today.

Thanks for listening!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I believe that everyone here comes with good intent. If you come to spoil my assumptions by verbal abuse, excessive profanity, spam or other abuses I had not considered, I reserve the right to delete your notes or delete your participation. I am the arbiter of what violates good intent.