Tuesday, October 1, 2019

What am I going to do for NaNo?


Someone visited me from Nepal yesterday. Hello!

***********

NaNoWrimo starts a month from now (November first). In Nano, one must write a 50,000 page novel, or realistically, the first part of a novel, as novels generally run twice that length. The organization prefers it's a new novel instead of adding to a novel you have because it's easier to write from scratch.

I was all ready to submit Gods' Seeds as the novel I was going to write, but then I opened it up to find out that I'd already written 21k of it. This was the novel I started for NaNo and quit when Trump got elected President. It wouldn't be a cheat to work on Gods' Seeds as long as I didn't count those 21k words, but it would be harder to get back into.

I could start a new novel. Not sure what that would be yet. 

Or I could be a rebel, which would be writing anything but a novel. This way I might be able to edit/develop Gaia's Hands, which I'm editing and at the same time wondering what I can add back. Or I could write more short stories that fit in the Archetype universe, or ...

I don't know what to do. I'm committed to write, because I'm hosting a NaNo write-in space at the Game Cafe. If you have any ideas, let me know!



No comments:

Post a Comment

I believe that everyone here comes with good intent. If you come to spoil my assumptions by verbal abuse, excessive profanity, spam or other abuses I had not considered, I reserve the right to delete your notes or delete your participation. I am the arbiter of what violates good intent.