Wednesday, October 2, 2019

Making a plan

I've been playing with a social media plan to get more readers. Apparently, writers need to do more than write to be successful, unless they get picked up for a $3.4 million book deal with TOR like John Scalzi and get major name recognition.


General goals from my plan:

  • To reach more readers
  • To have a vibrant community to talk with
  • To share my works with people 
So far, my presence on social media is as follows:
  • I have 20 regular readers here on Blogger
  • I have not gotten a comment on Blogger (other than fraudulent sales pitches) for over a year
  • I have less than 20 followers on Twitter
  • I get 2-3 likes a day on Twitter
  • I have 79 followers on Facebook
Time to set outcomes:

  • To get 30 regular readers on Blogger
  • To get 3 comments a week
  • To get 30 followers on Twitter
  • To get 10 likes a day on Twitter
  • I have 100 followers on Facebook
Why are these so small? Because SMART goals are:
  • Specific
  • Measurable
  • Action Oriented
  • Realistic
  • Time Bound
But note these aren't really the goals above, but results. The part I'm currently struggling with is HOW to increase readership and interaction.

This is a work in progress.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I believe that everyone here comes with good intent. If you come to spoil my assumptions by verbal abuse, excessive profanity, spam or other abuses I had not considered, I reserve the right to delete your notes or delete your participation. I am the arbiter of what violates good intent.